Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Now, Where Was I?




Things were looking up the first day of the new year,
 even if it was a bit of an uphill climb. . . .




Sometimes it's tea parties and tutus for these young ballerinas, but with mountaineering Dads it can be a little bit of a mix!




New Year's Day found us at the climbing gym instead.




Good times and pizza after! What better way to start a new year?




Now, I know this is the LAST thing you want to see, but look at what I found after Christmas at the local department store!




Reproduction Shiny Brites at the end of season sales!
You probably already knew all about this! But if you didn't, you can still stock up on a variety of colors and styles here, or online at Amazon.com..



 
 Our last people only just trickled out over the weekend, and so we are folding up the party now around here.




Washing, ironing, and putting away.








Echoes of the season will linger awhile here and there. . .




But we are also appreciating the quiet for awhile while we sweep the old year away,




and while we figure out what to put up in the blank spaces.





Like a lot of things that didn't get done in time, my amaryllis got planted late. But I don't mind. In fact, I love having a bit of green to watch grow so early in the year.

May the new year be the same for you.

 Fresh and full of promise. . . .

Jacqueline





Join me at



15 comments:

  1. Climbing up is a good way to begin a year, especially with people you love by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to visit your house - all the soothing whites relax me.

    How fun to have grands to visit. I tell my kids they need to make me a grandma when I can still climb the rock wall and run on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reproduction Shiny Brites? Oh, I'd love some please. :) Not such thing in my area and I really don't need them but they do look pretty. I'm glad you had a lovely holiday. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, thank you:) Nice to have something beautiful and new for the next X-mas season, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J,
    Well happy belated New Year!! Yours did get off to a fine start, what a great climbing wall!!! I imagine rock climbing is big sport there!!...
    Hugs:-)
    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock climbing and tutus. What a healthy, eclectic mix.
    I love those Christmas baubles.
    Have a wonderful 2015. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun way to ring in the new year! wishing you continued fun all year long, jaqueline:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!
    I guess we are all calming down after the hectic season.
    Love your bulb finds. I noticed a few copies that I have the originals. Lucky me!
    Rock climbing looks fun! What a wonderful way to begin a year with the ones you love.
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the yar!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes me so long to get things down -- but it's Twelfth Night and some of the more obvious things (apart from the tree) are headed to storage -- Santas and Spode Christmas Tree and such! The rest? When I begin to tire of it! (Though the big tree might be down soon enough -- it takes up a lot of space in my tiny house!)

    All this is beautiful and thanks for the Radko link and amazon suggestion. I need it like a hole in the head. But that never stopped me before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love shiny brites and have always collected the vintage ones. My friend a few years ago bought me a box of new when on a trip to Chicago, I was so happy.
    Love the ones with the sayings on them, may have to invest is some since I dont have the new ones like that.
    Happy New Year! Love following you and I always appreciate you stopping by to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacqueline, what a great way to celebrate the new year and with your wonderful grands there with you. How nice that you will be enjoying your pretty flowers far into the winter and great find of the baubles..Happy New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacqueline,
    Those grand girls are growing up so~o~o quickly and so~o~o beautifully!!!I adore that they are trying 'new' things in 2015! Perhaps a Spring Tea will prove more promising.
    I adore the idea of sweeping out the Old Year and freshening up for the New Year!!! Your evergreen needles remind me that all has been put away for 10~11 months.
    Fresh and full of promise. . .indeed!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. You probably had as wonderful a time as I did with my family over Christmas J. Your climbing day had to have been a great time, along with all the other things you did with and for them.I do have to admit though, that I always love claiming my house back after the holiday. My little grandson's spend much of their time out with the horses so that always means horse manure sometimes makes it in with them if I'm not standing right at the door :)
    Your linens look so pretty washed and ironed! I so enjoyed your previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jacqueline, looks like you have well-rounded young granddaughters. ;-)
    Hope you and yours have a healthy and joyful 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes for a healthy, safe and happy New Year. Thank you for your posts it is always a pleasure to read and see what treasures you have or found.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!