Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Blue Ball Jars & Cheery Cottage Style




I found this sweet little Limoges plate this morning when I went to check on my booth. You could either look at finding something irresistible like this as an occupational hazard of  being in a vintage mall space, or you could see it as a great way to get paid! At any rate, it was it a pretty small price to pay.




I make other stops along the way in order to save on gasoline (really), and sometimes get even more of a payoff like I did today with a cheery matching Laura Ashley pillow and quilt at a good price. They coordinate beautifully with my Rachel Ashwell boudoir pillow don't you think?


















The cover and pillow were bundled together, and I thought the reversible quilt might be a twin. But it turned out to be huge, and might even work as a coverlet on a king sized bed! Everything coming up roses!



















Believe it or not, I'm fairly selective about the linens I pick up these days. I'm influenced by price and condition, of course, but also by rarity and unique charm. This wonderful heavy cotton laundry bag made the cut!








Darn cute!









Finally, I also managed to find the reproduction blue Ball jars I went looking for at Lowes! Such a pretty color! Like little blue jewels!













What a cheery vintage start to the week!
I hope yours is off to a great start too!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jacqueline

*This week I'm partying at








24 comments:

  1. Hi J,
    what a great Monday!! Wowy, wowy! Dishes and bedding all in Roses, gorgeous new goodies! much better than my whole day of garage saling... Lucky Girl!!
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty roses and ball jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some beautiful things, those linens are so beautiful and the plate is so precious...I just adore finding wonderful deals like that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to come home with so many pretties!!
    And Jacqueline, you always have such a knack at putting everything together to make the most beautiful vignettes!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what a scrumptious post filled with vintage eye candy! Love the Limoges plate and those blue jars. The linens are so pretty too! You did exceptionally well with your finds. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always so soft and pretty! Even the china. I turned down the jars when I saw them for sale - I am so use to the old shade of blue - maybe they will 'grow' on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coverlet and pillow are so pretty and the bed looks very nice. I too bought some of those ball glass jars. Waiting for project to get done to show how I am decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. quelle est belle cette soucoupe avec ces délicates roses! tout ce que j'aime!
    belle après midi
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful roses! How I would cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some of the original blue Ball sealer jars. It's great that the company has reintroduced these gems as they are such a pretty shade of blue. Great for gift giving and wee collections of shells etc.. Lovely visual feast in your post again today...have you ever considered doing a coffee table type of book?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the coverlet. I would have definitely picked that up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty, pretty. I got some of these jars to put in my kitchen but I haven't decided just what to do with them. Maybe you will do a post to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt would have made my month. I always mean to travel with measuring tape and then do not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I, too, have fallen in love those vintage blue Ball jars! That color is delicious! You did make some fantastic purchases.. I'm impressed. I love your passion for roses with that yummy soft pink found in so many things... the comforter, the dishes and the linens! Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could find your linen for my bed! I just love the roses.
    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is the little striped bag - the cloth looks so soft and faded perfectly.

    I bought the blue Ball jars at Target and found the cutest lids with a daisy cut out on Etsy. I drink my iced tea in one every day with a cute little straw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the perfect cottage goodies!
    It feels like home!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cottage lovelies - everything is so charming! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous finds! I worked in an antique store for years and I actually had a drawer with my name on it behind the counter where treasures I had on layaway went. My paycheques went to good use - I consider it an investment :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed all these posts - pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love anything with roses! I'm so happy to finally find out where to get the reproduction blue Ball jars--going to Lowe's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That quilt and pillow are a wonderful find, Jacqueline, and go so well with the other pillow. I'm glad you were able to find the wonderful Blue Ball jars! A friend gave me one as a gift this summer.... it looks so pretty in the sunlight on the verandah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!