Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Shabby Pink Desk







It was a fun weekend for me. I did a little impromptu creating, and got out to do a little junking as I often do.




I'm thrilled to find little inspirations like my lucky little cement garden lion that I'm featuring a little more of in this post. When I first found it I thought it would be perfect perched on a pretty desk. And then a couple of days later, I found just the desk!



The word "pretty" is relative, of course. This primitive pink painted  lift top desk might be too rustic for you, but I am thrilled crazy over it. And Mr. cottage is too. It's really pretty large, and so I have to think about where to put it, and whether I can actually keep it or not.



It's posing for shots in my entryway for now. I couldn't wait to dress it up!



There's a good bit of storage inside where you can also see how it's really quite old. The pink paint wash is the only finish it has ever had, and is quite old too. So classically shabby chic!




My lion seems quite at home on top.




And here's a little more detail of his endearing features.










The desk has a little lip that is perfect for displaying books and for keeping a pencil from rolling off. Botanicals seem like a natural here. I have a little vintage doily peeking out too.




A few more shots of different things I tried out on the desk top. . . .








 











And here's a few peeks of a wonderful tin tile that I discovered junking too. I almost never pass one up when I find it painted in chippy white. So many ways to display with these!



It would make a great posting board here.




Love that beautiful vintage detail and texture!




I hope you had a fun weekend too!
Have a great new summer week ahead!

Jacqueline





Join me at

23 comments:

  1. Thanks Jacqueline, I did. It is my anniversary weekend and spent the majority ( actually all week) in the company of my Mr. We hung out, went to the movies, dinner, quiet walks and some home renovations.
    Luv your shabby link desk. What a great find. Well styled as well :-) The lion is perfect there... as is the urn and little box of photos.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink desk is AWE. SOME.!!!! Never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jacqueline, you have to find a place for the pink desk!! It is sooo wonderful and perfect for your decor. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink desk, love the white urn.

    I have decided that you have the "midas touch" of white linen. I was out looking three different days this week and didn't find sweet little white napkins. I am just going to make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect is that! It is so lovely and just the most charming color. Your accessories just make the setting. You will have such fun with your new piece. Enjoy! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece and pink to boot. Love how you dressed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a great desk..looks perfect where it is. Love the way it is decorated. Wouldn't change a thing!
    diane@babiesbridesandlavender

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your great new pink desk, J. It may be a primative, but you've dressed it up to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh.... I love love love your new desk, it's so perfectly pink and shabby. love the different ways you dressed it up all of them look great .. Elle@sweetpeaschicnshabbies. blogspot. com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi J,
    Well your weekend looked super fun and creative! A shabby rustic pink desk could be nothing short f FABULOUSS!! and with a lacey petticoat poking out, pure charm :-) Oh your lion is so little!! I know you said he was a little guy but till I saw him there, I had n idea, he's darling!
    I am loving your crafty photo vignette too, the cut our stamps so clever :-)
    It's all so sweet!! I think you have to keep it, I don't know how you part with anything, really, it must be hard!!
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello
    comme j'aime vos billets
    toujours plein de charme ♥♥♥
    une installation réussie
    je suis très tentée d'acheter
    un grand vase comme sur la première
    photo
    bonne semaine
    j'ai installé un linky pour mettre
    votre vignette sur mon blog
    ci cela vous tente
    cela fait un petit plus pour de
    futurs visites
    tendresse
    edith (iris)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your images are just lovely and serene. What a fun time doing what you enjoy. That pink desk is beautiful and functional too. I love the portrait of Elizabeth of Austria known as the Lonely Empress. Such a beauty.

    Have a wonderful week,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your images are just lovely and serene. What a fun time doing what you enjoy. That pink desk is beautiful and functional too. I love the portrait of Elizabeth of Austria known as the Lonely Empress. Such a beauty.

    Have a wonderful week,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jacqueline, I always enjoy visiting your beautiful blog. Your 'finds' are great....practical and 'art' and you have a gift for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pink desk is unique Jacqueline and all these vintage items all around, you are an expert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post as always. Love that pink desk, so sweet.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pink desk is just wonderful. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY desk!! Absolutely georgeous...
    Hugs Git

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks wonderful and blissful. I love your sweet lion too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful desk! Very soft, lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that desk, Jacqueline, and the way you've arranged your personal items on it just brings out its character. Just perfect! (I hope you can keep it.....)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!