Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Fiery Fall Tablescape



Fall is a fiery time of year, as though nature is attempting to replace the heat of summer. Hot colors erupt on trees and vegetation, and we can't wait for the comfort of candlelight and the glow of fires.



Even the dinner hour has taken on the cast of the season. A warm paisley napkin livens the white soup bowls, and an old Johnson Brothers transferware pattern graces the plates.






Mercury glass adds a touch of romance to a table that seems to call for a bounty to be flung upon it. So I've added everything that catches my fancy and reflects the light.



The napkins are Pottery Barn. Bistro glassware is Williams Sonoma. All else on this autumn table is vintage.




















Phew! Is it hot in here? Or is it just me? Ha!
I hope you're having a cozy fall!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful "Glowing" tablescape. I've enjoyed looking at each and every image... thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good way with words ~ poetic but still natural sounding. Not to mention your fabulous vignettes. I like your dishes. I used some Johnson Brothers in my Thursdays tea Treasures post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been very hot for two days here. I saw today a new dinnerware pattern in cream and brown by Juliska called 'Country Estates'. I fell in love with it. I thought of you and your beautiful photos of cream and brown table settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacqueline!

    I adore your vintage brown transferware. I have been searching for some, but I can't seem to find the perfect ones! I think yours is fitting for the autumn season! Happy Fall to you too!!!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J,
    Lovely table & I am so glad to see all that gorgeous candlelight in your pics again, I saw the thumbnail and was excited! I love the way you have that glow, stunning!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jacqueline what a beautifully bountiful table! This is just how I imagine Autumn soft and golden with everything rich and plentiful. So elegant and so inviting! Warmest Autumn wishes from an old farmhouse in England - Glenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of your table decorations. I have bone handled fish knives and forks exactly like yours, they are so nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely as always. But I gotta say, that cow butter bowl is making me want to get up from here and go antiquing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The addition of the lace curtain knocks these photos out of the water. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and elegant table, Jacqueline! I am in LOVE with the paisley napkins...I have to see if Pottery Barn still has them. Pretty mercury glass and I really like the transferware! Lovely!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tablescape -- so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Fall tablescape is gorgeous Jacqueline! I do love burning candles this time of year and all through the Winter. Nothing more beautiful than a house lit up with candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Jacqueline! And there's my favorite little piece, the butter tub with the cow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!