Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

June Is Busting Out!



Well, I'm feeling exuberant! It happens occasionally. I love summer, and tomorrow is JUNE!! I've got that last day of school, new summer sun suit, flipflops feeling that I first had in fourth grade. Maybe I'll read Huckleberry Finn again! But one thing is for sure. There will be lots of sun and light. Cottage white. Lazy days, and twinkling nights.





It's time for Granny Camp again. In a week or two the blessed noise and sticky fingers arrive. Wet towels and muddy footprints will appear in staggered shifts for weeks to come. Leisure afternoons of staging still lifes will be a bit harder to come by. For there will be nothing STILL happening for awhile!









I haven't shown you this spring/summer themed ironstone platter before, but the season is right.





Birdie details.






I love the wildness of the weeds and grasses in the pattern. Just the way I'm feeling. A bit weedy and wild!





Airy mayflies.





Can there be anything more energizing than shining, frothy, and lacy summer white?







































Welcome to JUNE Ladies and Gents!

Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline




I'm sharing at
White Wednesday





22 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures. I love your sidh...I love mayflies believe it or not. The decend on us in July and it makes me so sad thAt they only live 3 days {call me crazy}!

    It is exciting June is here. Now at least we can say it's summer! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Camp sounds great! Sounds like a good work out and exhausting, but great-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is finally here! June is one of my favourite months. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful ! and sniff, I wish my GRAND would come for Granny camp. I know ya'll will enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camp Grandma should be so much fun! Smart to get the whites out first. Enjoy it! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, granny camp! That's so cute! You have a lot to look forward to over the summer:) I love your birdie platter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never cared for all white, until I started reading your blog and seeing all the beautiful things you post. I plan on doing my dining room in white with a touch of blue. Just love the pictures in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all these whites, especially the pitcher and urn. Your enthusiasm for summer is contagious Jacqueline!
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Airy Whites, ready for a Perfect Summer, EnJoy.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty platter, I love it! I am a sucker for anything with birds on it. Enjoy your week~A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! June is here! Your lovely whites are perfect for the month that brings summer. I love the detail on that pretty platter. Enjoy your grandkids when they visit. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so lovely..the way the shadows dance with the light on those lace pictures is somewhat dreamy....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, dreamy photographs! I really love the platter which is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lazy days and twinkling nights sounds delightful, Jacqueline. Love summer whites, too. Granny Camp ~ what a fun idea. Lucky grands! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the clean, cool, crisp whites of summer as well. And I LOVE that basket that you have on your table that I think I could turn into a pretty convincing lobster trap on mine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that wooden cage! Everything else too...but especially that cage!!!
    Happy WW!
    Faye
    (wildrosevintage)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yippy! can't wait for the pretty weather to arrive! I have so many projects i wanna do so i can share! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thou shall not covet...but I do! I so love your ironstone platter with your little birds in flight! Dreamy layers of linens with those lacy edges~

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful welcome for June ~ thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely all white setting, I love all the different textures you have used x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!